- "As for the overall quality of life, the District is faring remarkably better than when Barry last was mayor. The homicide rate is down, and city services are more reliable. The Circulator bus and red rental bikes make it easier to get around downtown."
- WMATA makes improvements to the College Park Metro station grounds to make it easier to bike to. This includes a micro-trail (See below) to create a more direct connection to the NW Branch Trail.
- After 90 days in the warehouse, PG County police donate recovered stolen bikes.
- In one Frederick County community, kids like to ride their bikes in the alleys, but the Villages’ homeowner’s association has cautioned "that parents of unsupervised children playing in the street could be cited by Child Protective Services." This is both a statement on placing the needs of drivers above other road users, and on the failure to create places where kids can safely ride their bikes (if in fact the alleys are dangerous).
- NYC Mayor Bloomberg comes out against a mandatory bike helmet law. Says that bike lanes are more important.
- When you create bikeable neighborhoods, you make it easier for older people who don't drive to keep the life they had before they gave up the car. "Though he didn't drive, Bradbury could often be spotted out and about Los Angeles. A familiar figure with a wind-blown mane of white hair and heavy black-framed glasses, he'd browse the stacks of libraries and bookstores, his bicycle leaning against a store front or pole just outside."