Good afternoon. I'm in Arizona, and the local PBS affliate had a half-hour show on biking in the Phoenix area last night. They showed the Tempe Transportation Center (which has a bike station) and the downtown bike boulevard with green paint down the middle. That's a nice touch, it encourages cyclists to take the lane, but keeps paint away from car tires.
- It's OK for cyclists to use the W&OD bridle path, but it may require extra caution.
- New CaBi stations at 21st and Penn NW and at 19th and K NW.
- The new Staff Draft of the Chevy Chase Lake Sector Plan includes several bicycle improvements, including trails that parallel and connect to the Capital Crescent Trail. It will also bring development right up to the trails edge.
- One letter writer complains that in Alexandria "the Bike Share Program for Old Town produces a resoundingly negative result."
- Anti-cycling mayor of Toronto, fails to hit weight goal in Cut the Waist charity challenge. Perhaps bike commuting would help?