- From ARLnow "A developer, Open Plans, is working with Arlington and Washington, D.C. to devise the free bike map web and smartphone app. When finished, it will provide point-to-point directions like other trip planning apps do, but will be specifically catered to bike routes instead of motor vehicle routes."
- A section of the Custis Trail will be closed for three days for repaving.
- John Kelly has a twofer. A cyclist spotted texting while biking leads to a reader suggesting it be made illegal. Kelly thinks it's a stupid idea to take your eyes and mind off the road while biking, and I agree. It probably should be made illegal - though it is something very unusual he notes. Also he has a story about some people setting up lawnchairs on a path.
- At an "Envision Cheverly" forum on Saturday, one of the suggestions was "creating bike paths to the Anacostia Tributary Trails System."
- FOX has coverage of the CaBi survey results (below)