- The 11th Street Bridge construction team has closed the bike/pedestrian trail that runs between the intersection of 11th & O Streets SE and the Navy Yard Riverwalk East end. The trail will be closed for approximately 3 weeks to facilitate demolition of the old 11th Street bridge. Also, last night, Good Luck road was closed below DC 295.
- “Tour de Fat” Still Needs a Car-for-Bike Swapper
- DDOT is hosting a design update and review meeting for Minnesota Ave NE. "The study limits are Minnesota Avenue from A Street to Sheriff Road...The design documents for this project are at 90% completion and reflect many comments from previous public meetings held in your community." Tuesday, June 19th 6:30-8:30pm at Friendship Edison PCS/Woodson Senior High School.
- This fall, work will begin on an EA for transforming the SE Freeway west of Barney Circle into Southeast Boulevard. This will include an "adjacent new multi-use trail to allow bicycle and pedestrian travel not currently possible in this area."
- New Roundabout being installed at the entrance to the Greenbelt Metro Station.
- Work to begin this summer on the Broadneck Trail in Cape St. Clair, MD. Eventually the trail could connect to the B&A Trail. "Phase 1 includes the construction of a trail along College Parkway from Green Holly Drive to Cape St. Claire Road."
- I predict that Arthur Armstrong will become a daily bike share user.
- From a begining cyclist to an Olympian in 4 years.
- Beer Bikes, coming to a town near you.