Good morning. OT: Once the expanded Panama Canal opens, what will happen to all the ships that are perfectly designed to use the current Canal. Are they just going to be scrapped or what? Anyone know?
- Another month, another set of records for CaBi. 202,822 trips and 245,877 miles in June both of which are new highs. That makes for 4.88 tpbpd still below the record of 5.069 set last year. Trips are up 41% from last year and 3.5% above May. Miles are up 49% from 2011.
- A woman was sexually assault on the Capital Crescent Trail just north of Georgetown. "Investigators say an adult woman, jogging alone at 9:15 p.m., was attacked from behind, put in a choke hold and passed out. When she awoke, her pants were down and a man was fondling her. She screamed and he ran off." Video below the bump.
- Get a discount on an Urban Bike Adventure.
- Look, I know that drunk driving isn't funny, but the guy's last name is Martini. That's a little bit funny, right? Also, he assaulted a bicycle police officer in Ocean City after the officer attempted to pull him over.
- Vienna discusses how to make the W&OD Trail safer. "the Vienna BAC is planning, to create an on-street alternative for bicyclists through Vienna....NVRPA plans to move the trail adjacent to the Community Center to pass through the existing parking lot, which is owned by NVRPA. The current trail location is on Town of Vienna Property and is one of the more narrow sections. This would also reduce a tight curve and should be a benefit trail users and eliminate the many people who now cross the trail to get to their cars in the existing parking lot."