Good morning. We're supposed to get a break in the heat today.
- The DC BAC's Safety Committee discussed traffic safety benchmarks and bike theft.
- NPS revises a rule so that it now "gives park superintendents the authority to allow bicycles on roads that are closed to the motoring public – like fire roads and roads used by park maintenance vehicles. Bikes are already allowed on park roads that are open to vehicles."
- More on the mountain biker who was seriously injured on Seneca Creek Trail.
- Bike commuting is a great way to get time outside. The author, a New Yorker, even mentions DC and how easy it was for him to get around by bike even though he didn't bring one.
- Lance Armstrong's lawyer has accussed the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency of a "lack of transparency and due process in charging Armstrong, which he said included the agency coercing other athletes to testify against Armstrong, and refusing to have their conduct reviewed by an independent auditing committee."