So, when you write a niche blog for over 5 years, you start to want to write about things outside that niche. Like anything not about biking. In the past, I have published some off-topic posts on this blog, but I'm tired of Jeff Peel yelling at me when I do so (if he even still reads this blog) so I've started a second blog for just those kinds of things. Check it out - if you dare [There is no reason not to dare. The only risk is boredom - or is it [Answer:Yes]].
- Arlington has a new, updated county bike map!
- "The Defense Department's Office of Economic Adjustment approved $180 million in funding on Monday for expansion of Route 1 in Northern Virginia near Fort Belvoir...the funds would be used to widen a 3.5 mile stretch of the road from four to six lanes, and for adding new bike lanes and pedestrian facilities." This also a section of US Bicyle Route 1, I believe.
- Can we choose a name other than "The Bicycle Groper" please?
- Sunnyvale, CA becomes the third city to pass an anti-harassment law for cyclists. In the other two cities, there are no reports of any lawsuits being filed using the law. “The success of this ordinance should not be judged solely by the number of lawsuits that result, which will be few,” said Jackson. “In my view, a far more important consideration is the deterrent effect resulting from the message it sends to potentially aggressive drivers who currently believe there will be no consequence for such behavior.”
- UPDATE: Also, there's a new CaBi station near the Foggy Bottom Metro.