- Now registration is open for the 50 States & 13 Colonies rides. If you've never done it, it is a fun - albeit surprisingly difficult - ride that will take you all over the city and back again. It is ride that has you doubling back and riding loops all so that you can ride on all 50 state-named streets (or the 13 originall colonies for those who want less riding).
- Details on today's crash in Gaithersburg "At 6:54 a.m. Thursday, Nicole Marie Polen and a 16-year-old friend were crossing Woodfield Road at the Airpark Road intersection when Polen was hit by a 2004 Nissan Sentra traveling through the intersection on a green light, Montgomery County police said. Police said Polen was wearing a helmet and was in the crosswalk but was crossing the street against a pedestrian signal." And here too.
- The VBF's annual meeting is scheduled for September 16th in Richmond.
- Homemade dress includes reflective piping for biking.
- Declaring "enough is enough," Lance Armstrong said he will not fight charges brought by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency and has let the deadline to contest them pass. As a result, he is reportedly being stripped of all 7 of his Tour victories and being banned from cycling for life. But Armstrong plans to sue if the sanction him. "You are on notice that if USADA makes any public statement claiming, without jurisdiction, to sanction Mr. Armstrong, or to falsely characterize Mr. Armstrong's reasons for not requesting an arbitration as anything other than a recognition of UCI jurisdiction and authority, USADA and anyone involved in the making of the statement will be liable,"