- WABA's St. Elizabeths East Bike Carnival fits into a larger effort to change the demographics of biking in DC. In addition, WABA's hired an East of the River Program Manager, BicycleSpace has a weekly Hills of Anacostia Ride and CaBi "mailed 35,000 residents in wards 7 and 8 a $25 discount to the program."
- Complete coverage of Alexandria's addition to CaBi.
- In a rare case, a railroad is asking to un-railbank 1.9 miles of rail trail in Michigan. This is actually good for rail trail supporters as it shows that railbanking works and serves a purpose. And all the better since the trail - Iron Ore Heritage Trail - is still in the planning phase.
- Floyd Landis said he has reached an agreement with federal prosecutors over allegations that he fraudulently solicited donations for a defense fund he set up to fight doping charges. Landis told ESPN.com he will agree to repay all the donors within three years, and prosecutors will agree not to pursue charges. The fund exceeded $1 million.
- Check out this floating bicycle roundabout. Would be nice at Memorial Circle.