- New Hampshire Ave NW to get bike lanes between Washington and Dupont Circles. Also the road will become two-way, which should also help cyclists. Project will wrap in about 18 months.
- Meanwhile, Arlington installed a green-painted bike lane yesterday at Military Road and Nelly Custis Drive. It's the first green-painted bike lane of any length in the area (there is small strip of test paint on a bike lane in SE). There is also a blue painted lane at Military and Nellie Curtis.
- The new Tri360 triathlon store is big, has a bike shop and will organize bike rides.
- Ride with BicycleSpace this Friday and you could win a free Linus Bike.
- CaBi, now at King Street Metro. Plus, 2nd quarter trip data is now available for download - just in time for Grandparents Day!
- More on Loudoun's Reston Century behavior.
- The Herndon Town Council approved bicycle facilities for inclusion in the Fairfax County Bicycle Plan by a five to two vote at their Aug. 14 meeting.
- Google is bringing expanded mobile biking directions and navigation to its Maps for Android application, adding turn-by-turn voice guidance as well as new mapping data spanning 10 additional international markets.
- Businesses in Seattle are effectively opposing efforts to close a gap in the Burke-Gillman Trail.
Photo by BeyondDC