- MAP-21, the new federal transportation, cuts spending for Transportation Alternatives (TA) - what used to be Transportation Enhancements, Safe Routes to School and Recreational Trails. DC is one of the bigger losers by percentage at -43%, coming out well below the 28% average. Only 5 states do worse, with VT being the biggest loser at -52%. Maryland and Virginia do much better, only losing 26%. More detail here.
- It's a good day for on-line mapping tools. RTC announces a new TrailLink website. Among other improvements, it now shows trails spacially.
- Queen Anne's County has a new bike map.
- "Havre de Grace in Harford County will improve its North Park Trail with a grant of $34,300. The project will provide safe pedestrian, bicycle, vehicular and visual linkages from the trail to the city's Main Street and Susquehanna State Park."
- American Bobby Julich, comes in just under the wire and wins the Silver Medal in the 2004 Olympics Men's Road Time Trial.