Good afternoon. I had the experience the other day of riding my own bike home from an errand and then riding to my usual CaBi station instead of going home.
- DDOT and the FHWA will host another public meeting as part of the NEPA process for the Virginia Avenue Tunnel project. The meeting will be on Thursday, September 27, 2012, 6:00-8:00 p.m. at the Capitol Skyline Hotel, 10 I Street, SW, Washington, DC 20024. This project could include a bikeway along the rebuilt Virginia Ave.
- One candidate in the awkward ANC 2A01 race will focus on additional bike racks and a Foggy Bottom "heritage trail."
- GGW describes the issues in the M St SE/SW cycle-tracks vs. transit decision.
- People in DC do lose their license. [But how bad a driver does one have to be?]
- A trip along the Great Allegheny Passage.
- Older drivers aren't the problem, it's unhealthy drivers that are.