- MetroBike, the DC-area based bike-sharing consultancy is hiring a Bicycle planner for it's DC office to do some work on CaBi. I'm not sure if this is related to DDOT losing a member of it's bike-sharing team to Austin or not. While we're at it, the Bike League is hiring too. They're "looking for a development associate to manage invitations, coordination, and on-site activities for events across the U.S."
- Here's an incredibly depressing story on bike theft in America.
- Only two states, Florida and Kansas, have opted out of Recreational Trails Funding.
- "A bicyclist competing in a race from Logan, Utah, to Jackson Hole, Wyo., crashed on a bridge in Wyoming and fell about 35 feet to his death into the Snake River." The cyclist swerved to avoid a pothole and then hit a guardrail. There are at least two points that seem to indicate that that bridge was neither designed nor maintained with cyclists in mind.
- I suspect some readers might disagree with this advice for kids biking to school. "Ride on bike paths or on the sidewalk, not in the street."