I startled a pair of raccoons on my ride last night. At first I thought they were cats, but then one of them stood it's ground for a little while and I almost hit it. In the end, everyone made it out OK, but I'm sure that right now, they're bad-mouthing cyclists in the comment section of the Post.
- Check out my latest post on the M Street SE/SW cycletrack proposal at the Green Lane Project. It includes an animation of the proposal not seen on this blog. And, you can read about Memphis' first green lane as well.
- jdland provides data on Near SE's three docks (What no data on the warehouse dock that's also in near SE? She really is semi-retired.)
- Speaking of CaBi data, Capital Bikeshare set a one week record with 7831 riders on average per day. And Arlington Staff check on possible future locations.
- The Capital Crescent Trail east of Bethesda is nice, tranquil even, but it is not "a model to other urban areas in America."
- "County government officials tout how the rail trail and bass fishing are drawing people to the county. The idea to link the rail trail with other trails in St. Charles and even those in St. Mary’s County is a good one, and it seems as if those plans are moving forward."
- Car Free Day coverage.