So am I the only one who had to evacuate to the basement at work due to tornadoes? The funny thing is we're doing a launch rehersal focused on anomalies and so now we can check that contingency off the list. Lots of "how did you pull that off" jokes directed at the simulation director.
- "I don't harbor any illusion that they changed the policy because of me," says Tregoning.
- The optimal M Street (and Eye Street) design probably isn't even one of the options here. As oboe might point out, there is some extra space (scraps) and they're letting transit, bikes and peds fight over it. Instead, they should accept that maximizing transportation through there might mean taking some space from autos.
- An interview with Bethesda native Rich Roll (not to be confused with a rickroll) one of only two people to complete five Ironman triathlons on five Hawaiian islands in under a week. He's also one of the 25 fittest men in the world (Paul Ryan is the other 24).
- Counter-intuitively, Philadelphia has more cyclists and fewer crashes. We could probably argue over which caused the other (did safety lead to more cyclists, or more cyclists to safety), but really, why fight?
- MAP-21, the new federal transportation bill, may have less money for biking and peds, but it is targeted more at cities.