- Nationwide, bike commuting in 2011 is up to 0.56% share of all commuters - from 0.5% in 2010. In DC it's up to 3.15% from 3.1% and in Alexandria to 0.79% from 0.7%. But in Arlington and Silver Spring it's down. In the former from 1.4% to 1.29% (Still the 2nd best showing ever) and in the latter from 0.7% to 0.19%. But the margin of error is pretty high.
- "Arlington County has installed brand new fitness equipment along a stretch of the Four Mile Run Trail near Shirlington."
- The Silver Spring Transit center and its section of the Capital Crescent Trail might open next year.
- One of Arlington's four bond measures might provide more money for bicycling.
- Armstrong is fired by Nike and leaves Livestrong.