- Yesterday afternoon a cyclist was critically injured in a collision with a school bus in Montgomery County. "The bicyclist was heading north on Berryville Road and the bus was traveling eastbound on Darnestown Road when the two collided in the intersection" Here are photos. The driver was taken to the hospital as well. "The bus -- which was carrying students home from Poolesville High School -- came to a stop on the wrong side of the road. Skidmarks were visible crossing the double yellow line. The front left side of the bus' windshield was cracked." I wonder if the driver had a heart attack or something and lost control of the bus. Let's hope they both recover.
- L Street cycletracks underway. M Street coming next year. Some drivers complain that cyclists break the law "Until you get cyclists to obey the laws, you are going to have continued difficulties as drivers and cyclists fight for the road."
- CM Mary Cheh had her bike stolen."It was stolen a couple of weeks ago around the corner of 13th and Mass where she had it locked up—at 9 in the morning, no less. She tried checking online (Craigslist) to see if the thief was selling it, but had no luck,"
- One writer wrestles with two contradictory opinions: helmets are useful and she doesn't think she has to wear one all the time.
- DDOT is encouraging more people to bike to work to deal with a 12-percent growth in downtown transportation activity by 2015.