- A WABA Board member, Martin Moulton, is running for the ANC 6E02 seat.
- During game 3 of the NL playoffs, about 9% of all the bikes went to the baseball stadium at least once, in part because they had a bike corral.
- Last week, College Park's City Council selected a contractor to complete the fourth phase of the College Park Trolley Trail. That section is a roughly seven-block stretch of off-road pavement between Calvert Road and Paint Branch Parkway. Construction for phase four will begin in the spring and be completed by mid-summer. Phase 5 will add another 2 block section in the Lakeland area.
- Another bridge over the Beltway - this time Route 7 - is rebuilt with facilities for cyclists and pedestrians thanks to the HOT lanes project.
- "On Saturday, October 20, fans of the Western Maryland Rail Trail have organized their own fall foliage bike ride and picnic. When the colors start to turn and blaze, there are few better seats in the house than a rail-trail. Here's a few rail-trails famous for their fall colors."
- An Australian study finds that both helmet use (in the case a mandatory helmet law) and cycling infrastructure reduces the rate of injuries.
- "For the first time since the end of the Second World War the number of bicycles sold in Italy has overtaken the number of cars"