- A witnessed bicycle crash leads to a discussion of what to do if you see or are in one.
- As Montgomery County gets ready for bike sharing, councilmembers continue to raise concerns about bicycle safety.
- The collapse of transit and driving in New York City has proven that when the zombie apocalypse comes, you're going to want a bicycle [Seriously "Walking Dead" when will people run out of gasoline exactly?] And some new bike commuters might not come back - "Thomas Jarrels, 46, who biked home to Crown Heights from his job as a sous-chef at a Midtown law firm, said he was glad to have had an impetus to bike to work.... Though it took slightly longer than the train, he said, he thought he would keep biking even after the subway started running again."
- Bike sneak is designed to help cyclists safely cross streetcar tracks.
- More European cities are adding green lane infrastructure - like cycletracks and bike lanes - just as American cities are. "From London’s “cycle superhighways” to popular bike-sharing programs in Paris and Barcelona, growing numbers of European cities are embracing cycling as a safe, clean, healthy, inexpensive and even trendy way to get around town." Also growing in popularity: bike sharing - "Ironically, Copenhagen’s pioneering city bike system was scrapped Wednesday after city officials decided to redistribute funds to other cycling initiatives." - more parking, e-bikes and more.