- Congestion pricing works (and probably gets more people to bike).
- My latest GreenLanes blog post - on the L Street Ribbon Cutting. Please excuse the amateur film making. I'm an amateur.
- An interview about the 11th Street Bridge Park.
- Montgomery County bike commuting map.
- This year, a driver who hit a cyclist in Southeast DC was convicted, in part thanks to a "black box" - Airbag Control Module (ACM) - on board his SUV (oddly, he was the 2nd driver to hit him, the first left the scene and was never found). It turns out that most cars have these devices "They’ve been around since 1996, and NHTSA says about 96 percent of 2013 models have them. The agency wants to make that 100 percent, starting in September 2014," but they don't always trigger when a person is hit. "Sensors mounted around the edge of the car might detect a person there, but if the crash isn’t forceful enough to set off an airbag deployment, the black box probably won’t record it."
- Just as was done in DC, Chicago is funding most of its bike sharing startup costs with CMAQ money. Also, they have a new awesome bike plan. I miss Gabe Klein.
- The complete CaBi proposed/planned station map.
- Shooting fish in a barrel.