- Yesterday the DC Council passed the Access to Justice for Bicyclists Act of 2012 and, I think, the Motorized Bicycle Amendment Act of 2012. ABC7 covered the former.
- WABA is creating three new positions and hiring two new staff.
- The DC BAC points out that the upcoming (and some are in the past) zoning meetings are a great chance to advocate for cycling. The zoning regs will define how much bike parking buildings must provide as well as rules about showers and changing rooms for bike commuters.
- Tour de Fat 2013 takes a step forward.
- Christmas Wish List Alert!! WMATA is testing 3-bike bus racks.
- Staff with DC-based LAB write about their favorite 2 mile rides, most of which are in DC.
- Why Minneapolis plows their trails “We see the trails as highways,” said Donald Pflaum, a transportation planner from the Minneapolis Public Works Department. Still the city is looking at narrowing a 20 foot wide trail to 16 or 12 feet to make way for a light rail line.