- WAMU re-writes the Alexandria bicycle registration story. As noted in the comments yesterday, Alexandria is moving to end longstanding regulations requiring bicycle owners to register their bikes with the city, and pay a fee. "The need for local registration of something like a bicycle is probably no longer necessary," Deputy City Attorney Chris Spera says. "If an owner is concerned about his or her bicycle being stolen and being able to track it, there is a National Bike Registry that serves that function."
- This isn't really news. We've known the M Street cycle-track wouldn't come until later this year for some time.
- A map of states with dooring laws. Even Florida has one Virginia! Yeah, that Florida.
- "The Town of Williamsport will use a $10,000 state grant to create a 1.3-mile circuit of bike lanes on town streets, with enough funding expected to be left to mark South Conococheague Street for cyclists down to a new park-and-ride lot to be built near the Interstate 81/Md. 68 interchange, Town Clerk Donald Stotelmyer said" This is to get people riding the C&O Canal to get off and ride around town. "Local businesses already have experienced increased business since the town added bike lanes in both directions on Potomac Street,"
- True. And I was robbed of 155th place.
- The Open House on the MacArthur Blvd Trail shift was last night. Did anyone go?