Good morning This was supposed to run in the morning.
- Is this a Ghose Bike along the W&OD Trail?
- An interview about winter biking with FABB Chariman Bruce Wright. I'd rather ride in the summer, because it seems like it's always difficult to get temperatures right in the winter.
- The blog's favorite Energy Secretary (Oh, you heard me Hazel O'Leary) dispels rumors that he rides his bike everywhere “Sometimes I’ll run up the stairs [at DOE], but I don’t go on my bicycle up the stairs.”
- "Under the new standards, vehicle sounds would need to be detectable under a wide range of street noises and other background sounds when a vehicle is traveling slower than 18 miles per hour. At that speed and above, vehicles make sufficient noise to allow pedestrians and bicyclists to detect them without added sound. ...NHTSA research estimates that this proposal, if implemented, would result in 2,800 fewer pedestrian and cyclist injuries over the life of each model year of future hybrid cars, trucks and vans and low speed vehicles, as compared to vehicles without sound." Each model of car can have a unique sound.
- And while I'm filtering out these stories now, Abraham Olano Manzano still hasn't won the 2000 Olympic Bronze medal in the Men's time trial. Also Lance claims that in 2009, when he came in 3rd in the tour, he wasn't doping (or in 2010).