- Washington/NoVa bike-sharing system is still the country's largest (of 18).
- Metropolitan Branch Trail lighting improves and work is ongoing to create a permanent maintenance solution.
- More MSM coverage of the Virginia dooring bill.
- Profile of local professional cyclist Joe Dombrowski.
- To the "cyclists don't pay for roads" argument, neither do drivers (in state at least). "He said he is working on legislation that he thinks all sides might agree to. It would increase the gas tax but reduce income taxes, effectively only raising taxes on drivers passing through the state. To make up for the general fund money that would be lost with the income tax reduction, Albo’s legislation would include corporate income tax changes that would raise taxes for out-of-state entities that make money in Virginia, he said."
- From the comments - "they hate us for our freedom". "The motorist is born free, but everywhere he is in queues. The courier burning through a red light, even the quiet law-abiding cyclist like me who only rides very slowly through red lights, demonstrates the freedom that car drivers have traded for comfort."
- Touching story that ends sadly due to a bicycle accident.