For a while there I thought no one was reading the blog anymore. I had gotten no comments since Saturday, but it turns out gmail was just treating them as junkmail. For a while there I thought SJE was sick or something.
- Everything you might want to know about biking to the Inauguration (and more here). CaBi is setting up a bike corral until Thrusday, and if twitter is to be believed, they're in discussions to have a bike corral downtown every weekday starting in the spring.
- On Wed., Jan. 23, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., WABA will be hosting an open house at their office in Adams Morgan. This will be a low-key opportunity for people interested in participating in Maryland and DC planning efforts and testifying or presenting at public meetings to meet their fellow bicyclists, review background materials, ask questions, and get a better understanding of what’s going on in D.C. and Maryland.
- Support a sidewalk on Wisconsin Avenue.
- A Virginia bill aims to make those little stop signs on the W&OD Trail (and other trails)enforceable and set a fine of $100. It made it out of committee. As did a bill to make it illegal to follow too closely. Here are some other bills of note.
- More on the Trolley Trail-surrounding Cafritz project.
- Driver pleads guilty to vehicular homicide and driving while intoxicated in Rehobeth Beach Henman fatality. "His attorney, John Sandy, told the Cape Gazette he expects Meegan to serve at least 20 months in jail and that he faces a possible maximum sentence 16 and a half years." And an Arlington driver has been charged with involuntary manslaughter after running a red light and killing a pedestrian.