- If you want a bike friendly DC, getting involved in the DC's effort to create a comprehensive transportation plan will give you a chance to make that happen. "residents who support improving transit, walking, and bicycling will have to speak up. We'll have to participate at the February 9 meeting and at future events in person and online. "
- CaBi is options: “I’m looking forward to the bike share coming to Bethesda,” he said. “Then I don’t have to deal with the delays of the Red Line. I’d rather pay bike share than Metro. At least I can get to work on time.”
- Picture of the Met Branch Trail at Silver Spring Transit Center from above in this post by antibozo.
- One BRAC transportation success: the construction of new bike paths and sidewalks. "I know that doesn't sound like much but it is a lot," Montgomery County BRAC Coordinator Phil Alperson says. "There are hundreds of people who are now commuting to the Navy by bike or walking who didn't do that before."
- Lance, Lance, Lance, Lance, Lance (I used to work in the hotel where that interview happened, BTW).
- Biking uphill is satisfying and connectivity does boost mode share.