- The Secret Service has policy changes that they hope to implement in the coming weeks, after inauguration, that will smooth the way for cyclists using Pennsylvania Ave in front of the White House. "they will have consistent areas where they will store temporary barriers when not in use, they will attempt to have fewer vehicles parked near the bollards and park them nose to tail, they will attempt to have more obvious directions for cyclists when the area will be closed or access limited to narrow lanes, and they will try to prevent, to the extent possible, red light running by cars at the corner of Penn. and 17th Street."
- Summer biking gets shadier in DC.
- Why the hold up on the Anacostia Riverwalk's "Osprey Bridge"? No, it's not nesting Caribou, it's "According to the Anacostia Waterfront Initiative, the contractor for the project struck an underground object and needs to move or redesign the final few supporting structures. The project is stalled while DDOT and the contractor hash out who pays for the changes. The AWI team says a completed bridge is months away, if not longer." I hope the object isn't the "Hatch" from Lost. Because that just leads to time travel, confusing plots and an ungodly mess in the end.
- Maryland-National Capital Park Police Chief Antonio DeVaul tries to clear up confusion about sexual assaults along Sligo Creek Trail.
- Delays in the Purple Line impact everything that goes with it - including the completed Capital Crescent Trail.