- Demolition of the old 11th Street Bridge ramps will result in the narrowing of 11th Street SE between K and L Streets, and the closing of the bike lanes.
- Herbert Hoover building security plan includes two CaBi stations - one at 15th and Pennsylvania.
- I missed this quote from Lon Anderson of AAA about the Penn Ave cycle-track enforcement. "I hope they will also be enforcing red lights and stop signs for bicyclists and that this will be equal-opportunity enforcement," spokesman Lon Anderson said. "To target cars for crossing bike lanes and not targeting bicyclists for crossing intersections at red lights seems to me to be hypocritical." Unless of course you think that enforcement should relate to safety benefit rather than some notion of 'fairness'.
- MSNBC"s Chris Hayes had his bike stolen.
- My latest Green Lane Blog post. This one on the first Green Lane - the Captain America of green lanes if you will.
- The take-away from the growing body of science about ski helmets is in fact unequivocal, Dr. Haider said. “Helmets are safe. They don’t seem to increase risk taking. And they protect against serious, even fatal head injuries.” Does that mean Maryland will introduce a mandatory ski helmet law?