- White flex posts removed from entries to L Street cycle-track for snow removal.
- "of the 10 cycling deaths in the Commonwealth last year, 8 were from behind."
- Also the bill that would allow local governing bodies to adopt ordinances requiring users of shared-use paths to stop before crossing highways at marked crosswalks, has advanced and expanded (now Commonwealth-wide) in the Senate.
- The Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is planning an expansion (see image below). But even though it is next to the Rock Creek Park Trail, it doesn't appear it will do much for cyclists beyond giving them something to stop and enjoy, though perhaps the pedestrian Bridge will be a better option for getting to the building itself than F Street is. A bridge across I-66 or a ramp from the trail to the TR Bridge path would both be game changers.
- WABA has new business members.
- Bike League continues it's tongue in cheek criticism of the President's comment about how Chief of Staff, Denis McDonough, “probably isn’t allowed” to continue commuting to work on his bike. This time with advice on how to make the White House into a bicycle friendly business. Some ideas are bike storage in the Oval Office and a bike rack on the Presidential Limo.