Does anyone know who coined the term "CaBi"? I remember that I hadn't heard the term until the day it kicked off, but the earliest reference I could find to the term was mid June 2010. Anyone?
- Montgomery County is making repairs to the Capital Crescent Trail area ""Repairs and improvements to CCT shoulder and storm water management facilities will occur starting approximately March 25, 2013 and last approximately 3 months."
- Introduction to Montgomery County's road code.
- Voronoi Diagram of Capital Bikeshare. This is cool (and I'm glad I know the name because it helped me find a Voronoi diagram of NFL team areas) but it would be cooler if if showed you the closest station as the peacock walks as opposed to how the crow flies. So - walk sheds to each station.
- When helmets are "counterintuitive". "Although the move might seem counterintuitive in preventing brain injuries, the chairman of AIBA's medical commission, Charles Butler, cites numerous medical studies that suggest fighting without head guards will decrease concussions." Of course, if you really want to protect your brain, you probably shouldn't go into boxing, but still it's an interesting statement about protecting ones head even while not being particularly applicable.
- LATE ADDITION: WAMU has coverage of the Bike DC cancellation. "Every time we would come back with a new proposal, we would get a new set of requirements that we needed to meet and a new order of meeting them," says Farthing. "We were just never able to get a clear yes or a clear no that would give us a next step we could go to, and eventually ran out of time to secure sponsorships and to sell tickets.".....National Park Service spokeswoman Jenny Anzelmo-Sarles was unaware the event had been cancelled until we told her.