- Politico poll = flooded. "MT’s readers sure seem to love their bikes — 42 percent said it replaces car trips and 38 ride when it’s nice and convenient. But 7 percent haven’t hopped on two wheels since middle school."
- Wait a minute. NPS wouldn't let CaBi set up on the Mall for over a year, but they're helping pay for Minneapolis' bike sharing? If NPS has money for bike sharing, it would seem DC would be the natural place to spend it. "Nice Ride is using more than $630,000 provided by the National Park Service to add stations at such popular recreation destinations as Lake Harriet, Lake Nokomis, Minnehaha Falls, Boom Island, Fort Snelling and Webber Park."
- DDOT "will soon kick off a study to consider how to make Florida Avenue safer, which [Sam Zimbabwe, Associate Director for Policy, Planning and Sustianability at DDOT] hopes will finish by early 2014; temporary fixes to implement the recommendations could come as early as next summer."
- "A New York City bicyclist who was injured by a police officer who nearly ran him over with his car now has been handed a bill — to repair the dents in the cop car."
- "For the first time, the Massachusetts Bay Commuter Railroad will provide a train to take 700 cyclists to the starting line the night before the Boston Marathon for the Midnight Marathon." And we can't even get the Nationals to pay for a train for their customers. And this "Hubway waived fees for cyclists who used the bike-share program to complete the 26.2 miles, which they may do again this year."
- "Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili has a broken shoulder after a bicycle accident in Turkey."