First time event for me. A pedestrian yelled at me to get off the sidewalk and into the bike lane. Not shocking? Did I mention I was running?
- "The prospective buyers weren’t interested in the three-bedroom, 1,092-square-foot house, which Cloud and her husband purchased for $5,000 in the 1940s. They wanted her lot, which sits next to a bike trail on a street within walking distance of the Metro and great public schools."
- "Rep. Steny Hoyer, D-Md., the No. 3 Democrat in the House, counters that there are many reasons beyond "equity" that the FBI should move to Prince George's County, including "ample, underdeveloped land near the Metro, the MARC commuter rail, the Capital Beltway, a variety of Metro and county transit bus lines and regional bike trail networks." "
- Richard Layman wants a cycle-track on Military Road.
- "Oak Street this month is losing two of its four through lanes. “By taking away the second travel lane in each direction, we make room for left-turn lanes, dedicated bike lanes, and on-street parking,” VDOT traffic engineer Randy Dittberner said in a statement. “All these features will help eliminate the most extreme speeders and improve safety for drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians.”"
- Several Virginia Univeristies are now Bike Friendly Universities. The new entries are James Madison University, Old Dominion University and Virginia Tech. No DC schools make the list - same as Texas.
DC BAC has the transcript from the WeMoveDC web-based chat. Below are the bie related Q&As