I'm going on vacation all week, and there will be no blogging (I know, I blogged on my honeymoon, but this time I mean it). Instead you will get a chance to enjoy Oscar nominated and winning shorts. Why? Because for once, people should enjoy the blog.
- Bike to Work Day had a 15% increase in registration region wide over last year--more than 14,600 cyclists total!
- WAMU story on DC cycle-tracks "Funding is not as much as an issue as dealing with some of the trade-offs on any given street, especially in downtown where we've done a lot of the easy bike lanes where there was unused space," he said. "When we talk about protection - separation and buffers from cars - and more permanent improvements, it's more a question of planning and consensus building than resources."
- Fairfax County has applied for money to do a Bikeshare Feasibility Study.
- "The last segment of the Great Allegheny Passage opened this morning"
- "An Oregon funeral home in Eugene offers natural burials where the ride to the person's final resting place is on the back of a three-wheeled bicycle."