In high school we had to write a short story. Mine had the smae basic plot as the new movie "The Purge." I got a C.
- The DCPR and the DCOP are developing Play DC, a comprehensive Parks and Recreation Master Plan. Off the top of my head, I can't think of many specific DC Parks facilities that have or need bike paths or facilities (except parking), but if you're interested in seeing DC build a velodrome for public recreation, getting involved in this is your best hope.
- The 2013 DC Budget includes $400,000 to add 6 to 8 new CaBi stations (though the graphic makes it seem like it is a much bigger piece of the pie than it actually is)
- You can join a Tour de Fat convoy even if you don't have a CB.
- Metro ridership is down. Is CaBi to blame?
- "N. Harrison Street, between Lee Hwy and 26th Street N. by the Harris Teeter and Safeway, has just completed it's road diet! " Includes bike lanes. [See image below]
- Gwen Wright, Montgomery County's new planning director says "The way pedestrians and bicyclists and the folks on the ground interact with buildings is really, really key to making great communities,
- "In the absurdist plot, inmates escape from an asylum, take over the world and kill everyone who rides a bicycle or whose family has ever had anything to do with bicycles."