I think bike sharing will truly arrive when I hear it mentioned in a Country song.
- "Two bikes were taken from two people Friday evening in two robberies on the edge of Capitol Hill. But it appeared that at least two of the robbers did not get far."
- Yes, delivery companies do view parking in bike lanes as just part of the job. "Downtown delivery drivers say that new bike lanes, some of which eliminated parking spaces, have added to their challenge. “I get maybe two tickets a day,” said a UPS driver as he unloaded his van beside a bike lane on 15th Street near M Street. “It’s been worse since they put in the bike lanes.”" I support larger tickets, but perhaps we also need more loading zones and/or performance parking. This is a little like immigration, we need to make doing it legally cheaper and easier than doing it illegally.
- The second round of Move DC public meetings starts this month.
- Gabe Klein was in town this weekend (Did you see him at TourdeFat?) and he did an interview with NPR during a story on Capital Bikeshare from All Things Considered.
- "The Center Hiking Club will host a bicycle tour of historic Arlington sites on Saturday, June 8 beginning at 9 a.m. at the Ballston Metro station."
- Finding and recovering a friend's stolen bike
- "A woman was arrested for driving while intoxicated Saturday after allegedly driving onto the W&OD Trail in Vienna and hitting a bicyclist."
- Baltimore's Inner Harbor walking path could be expanded to include a bike path.
- The Wall Street Journal has officially lost their mind. Seriously, this WSJ editor is just a treasure trove of fantastically over-the-top quotes.