- More MBT attack follow-up here. WABA's planning a safety walk. And those cameras DC installed? Almost entire for show. It's clear we're going to need an Enforcement Droid* 209.
- The complete history of road lanes and how cyclists got kicked out of them. Long, but good. "The UVC therefore gave bicyclists the superficial appearance of being drivers, but without the right to use travel lanes like drivers. Although a travel lane is intended for a single line of vehicles, bicyclists were told that they could not use travel lanes like real drivers. Bicyclists were told they had to ride at the right edge and if they strayed from the edge, they were doing so at their own peril. Bicyclists were now officially second-class road users."
- "Crashing without a helmet exposes the head to accelerations and forces – or loads - up to 9.5 times greater than with a helmet and so greatly increases the risk of head, skull and brain injury, according to a detailed biomechanical study published in the journal Traffic Injury Prevention."
- Because only rich people live and work in Manhattan and Brooklyn and only poor people live in the other bouroughs, bikeshare is part of the dividing of people into haves and have nots leading to a dystopic future from out of a sci-fi novel. Or something.
- Is it possible to create a cycling superhighway parallel to Route 50?
- Dockblocking makes people sad.
*Since George Lucas owns the word "Droid" I guess he makes money off the Robocop franchise?