- The EPA's Office of Water, Office of Science and Technology and the Smithsonian Institution’s Anacostia Community Museum will host the Urban Waters Bike Ride this Saturday from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
- From Alexandria's transportation newsletter "The City of Alexandria will begin to repave streets in early July. As part of the Complete Streets Program all streets planned for resurfacing will be considered for bicycle accommodations in accordance with the On-Street Bicycle Facilities Recommendations from the 2008 Bicycle and Pedestrian Mobility Plan. New bicycle facilities will be installed on Janneys Ln., North Pitt St., Quantrell Ave., Van Dorn St., and West Braddock Rd."
- Also, a link to the latest CaBi expansion map. More meetings are planned for this this month.
- Kidical Mass Arlington: Father's Day 2013 Ride Roll to BBQ
- Air Force Classic "poorly organized"
- "Earlier this month, Stefan and his father, Mike LeRoy of California, embarked on a 400-mile journey from Arlington, Va., to Virginia Beach alongside hundreds of other cyclists for the 2013 Ride 2 Recovery UnitedHealthcare Memorial Challenge, which ran from May 27 to June 2."
- World Naked Bike ride footage from Portland (via the Washington Post for some reason)
- Chicago has added chairs and picnic tables to the Median of State Street. Maybe this could work on Pennsylvania Avenue (SE or NW).
- "Officials in Washington and Boston said that even in their programs’ infancies, they never encountered station failures like New York’s or widespread difficulties with docking."