...cause a DC bike party don't stop.
- "The way this small group was riding was unsafe, absolutely unacceptable and not representative of the 600-plus other D.C. Bike Party participants last week who followed the rules and got home safely at the end of the night,"
- More than 40 participants showed up at the Metropolitan Branch Trail last night to figure out how to reduce crime on the path."The two groups convened at Fourth and S streets, where there was a moment of silence for victims of trail violence and then a discussion about strategies to keep the trail safe for those who use it. Organizers said trail rangers will begin patrolling the trails next week. Security cameras will also be installed."
- With pro-active involvement of an ANC representative, WABA and others, DDOT promises to repave the 15th Street cycletrack sometime this summer. Paving will cover the brick gutter, and the shy space may be narrowed to widen the existing cycletrack.
- Biking the GAP in USAToday
- New York lawmakers support adding bicycle-baggage cars to some upstate Amtrak trains. "The lawmakers are asking Amtrak to add baggage cars that could carry bicycles on the Adirondack and Ethan Allen trains, which run from Penn Station in Manhattan to the Albany area, Saratoga and destinations in New York’s North Country and Vermont.....[Amtrak] said it’s working on retrofitting some trains with more racks and building new baggage cars with built-in racks."
- Not to be confused with the Bike Party: “We had a little bike gang,” he laughed. “Not really a gang, but we’d all get together and just ride around on our bikes and get lost in the city. At one point there was like 30 of us just swarming down the street on bikes.”
- "The first expansion of Citi Bike could be to Brooklyn and Queens neighborhoods that are facing extensive subway outages to allow post-Sandy repairs on the G train."