- Sad news - A 15 year old in Chevy Chase died on a bike ride during Monday's storm when a falling tree hit him not far from the Rock Creek Park Trail.
- An interview with the 20-something entrepreneurs behind UrbanDelivery, the iphone-enabled, bike messenger-powered delivery service. They met playing kickball - see, it's good for more than drinking and hooking up.
- One video from a previous bike party ride. And before I get accused of hating on the ride - because I'm not and I'm really happy that it is such a success and that people are having fun with it and I get how hard it is to manage these things and not block traffic at times- but my point of the previous post is just that people should always be asking themselves "am I being as courteous as I can reasonably be?" or maybe - in a large group like this and aware of how their behavior reflecs - "am I being more courteous than is even reasonable." If so, carry on. But no "sticking it to the man."
- K Street bike lanes go the way of the ICC Trail.
- DC submitted a TIGER 2013 grant application, but for what, I do not know.
- Get a rope "According to a federal court charging document, Reel rigged his Jeep so it crashed into a light post, bike rack and security bollard near the guard post around 3 a.m. Sunday. It caused more than $1,000 worth of damage."