I caught Ira David's Pedal America on PBS last night. I had a friend who worked for Discovery Channel and I used to jokingly pitch a TV show to her in which I would travel around the world riding my bike and drinking beer - all with a supermodel sidekick. Like "Wild On", but with bikes and a middle-aged, balding white guy. She never took me up on the show, and now no longer works in the TV business. Coincidence? Anyway, this show was a significantly classier version of what I proposed.
- Another option for bicycle insurance.
- I'm not sure if I previously linked to this WABA post that followed the Bike Party red light crash video. It's on how to make group rides better
- Two left turning strategies, the standard turn and the Copenhagen Turn.
- "Join MORE on July 21 at the Rockburn Branch Park for our annual summer picnic"
- "Bike-share users, who in addition to having low injury rates also tend to have lower-than-average rates of helmet usage, are great proof that encasing your skull in case you crash is just one factor among many that affect bicycle safety. There are several other steps riders can take that may be more important."
- Also, bike sharing can get you to the prom.