- Citizen volunteers are patrolling the PA Ave Cycltracks and reporting scofflaws to the police. "I think he sensed my general question of "why are you doing this?" (which I'm not totally sure if I actually asked) and he told me that he once got a ticket for running a red light and he didn't want bicyclists to run red lights any more."
- NPR had a story on Black Women Bike:DC and Veronica Davis. "With Black Women Bike: DC, Davis works to change the perception of just who is a cyclist. It's not just spandex-clad weekend warriors riding 30-speed carbon fiber bikes. It's moms who want to ride with their kids. It's women who are training for their first triathlon. And it's utilitarian commuters like her."
- Former County Executive Douglas M. Duncan, running to regain that office said that "Montgomery needs an “all of the above” approach to its transportation conundrum that includes more transit, bike trails, and lane capacity"
- Bridge idea across the Potomac in the vicinity of the CIA HQ. Would include a bike ped lane in the middle.
- Metro's Strategic Plan includes a goal to increase mode share for pedestrian and bicycle access to transit.