VBT Bicycling and Walking Vacations is hiring seasonal Bike Trip Leaders to lead groups on the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay. As a leader in the active travel industry for over 41 years, VBT is growing its family of Trip Leaders in Maryland.
Find out more about the tour: http://vbt.com/Tours/Maryland
The application deadline is June 27th. If positions remain open, we will accept applications after that, but will give priority consideration to applications submitted by the deadline.
Please email us at email@example.com to receive an application packet or to ask any questions.
We look forward to meeting excellent candidates to join the VBT Team!
More below the fold.
- A leader's primary role is to ensure the guests experience the best vacation of their lives!
- Service, service, service! Put customer needs ahead of their own at all times
- Use people skills and social leadership to bring guests of diverse backgrounds together
- Offer group presentations on various topics (safety, biking skills, daily routes, flora and fauna, sights. . .)
- Demonstrate safe and efficient biking techniques
- Deliver guest luggage to their rooms
- Bike daily with guests and coordinate van support
- Perform administrative tasks such as record keeping and tour budget accounting
- Represent VBT well and maintain professional, balanced relationships with tour guests, our hotels, and citizens of local communities through which tours travel, as well as with VBT coworkers and staff
- A love of people! Desire to share education, discovery and fun
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Current Basic First Aid & Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training
- Physical abilities -- lifting a 30 pound bike over your head and bike up 60 miles (4-5 hours) per day in all types of weather for many days in a row, carry heavy luggage
- Able to pace oneself, physically and mentally, through very long days, full weeks, consecutive tours and an entire season
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Strong teamwork skills; energy, enthusiasm, positive attitude, creativity, and attention to detail.
- Expert local knowledge of Maryland’s Eastern Shore region
- Available for the Fall operating season -- August to October 2014
- Basic computer skills for Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat Reader and e-mail access with capability to download and send attachments
- A personal cell phone to use while on tour