Next week, Arlington County will start work on the Clarendon Circle intersection improvement project which will add bike lanes and a queue box to the intersection, along with a host of other improvements.
- Reducing intersection size and tightening the intersection geometry
- Shortening pedestrian crossing distances and widening crosswalk areas
- Better aligning Washington Boulevard and Wilson Boulevard
- Upgrading traffic signals
- Installing new Carlyle streetlights
- Providing wider center medians at all crossings
- Adding curb extensions at the Liberty Tavern corner
- Planting new street trees
The first phase of construction will last about 10 weeks.