Maryland recently released their annual list of TAP, Recreational Trails Programs and Bikeways grants, and there's much of interest to the DC area as we'd expect. Funded projects in the area include:
- Expand Prince George's County bike share network to implement a portion of Phase 2 and 3B. (See them on the image above)
- Complete preliminary design (35%) for a five foot wide concrete sidewalk and a separated bike lane over approximately 2,700 feet along the north side of Forest Glen Road from Woodland Drive to Sligo Creek Parkway in Silver Spring.
- Final Design of protected bicycle lanes along Rhode Island Ave between Muskogee Street and Greenbelt Road (MD 193).
- Complete a feasibility study for a 1.2-mile shared use path along Scott Drive and Veirs Drive, between Wootton Parkway and Glen Mill Road.
- Feasibility Study for improving a bicycle and pedestrian connection between the WB&A Trail/Odenton Town Center and the BWI Trail.
- Final Design of a half mile long, 10-foot wide shared use path along Emory Lane between Holly Ridge Road and Muncaster Mill Road (MD 115), and along Muncaster Mill Road between Emory Lane and Rock Creek Park.
- Northwest Branch Trail reroute - This project will provide significant trail renovations to severely eroded, damaged, and inoperable trails by constructing new sections of natural surface trail to improve user safety, their ability to explore, and so the user can enjoy the
natural areas and park facilities.
- Complete design for the 0.8 mile Middle Branch segment located along Middle Branch of the Patapsco River, connecting the Gwynns Fall's Trail to the Inner Harbor Promenade.
- Repair and rehabilitate 10 miles of C&O Canal towpath surface from Nolans Ferry (Towpath Mile 44) to Brunswick (Towpath Mile 54). This project will remove hazards, provide a more durable trail surface, and improve safety.
- Construct Phase 7 of Three Notch Trail alongside Three Notch Road (MD 325) between California MD and Hollywood Road (MD 245).
- Lighting the Borden Tunnel on the Great Allegheny Passage. Ten LED lighting fixtures will be installed on the tunnel ceiling and a ground pedestal mounted solar array with maintenance free battery system will be placed on the south side of the tunnel.