- The DC BACs bi-monthly meeting is this Wednesday.
- DC Bike Party celebrates it's 1 year anniversary with a bike birthday party.
- Also, bike karaoke.
- "Local commissioners from ANC 3D will vote on the New Mexico Avenue NW bike lane at this month's meeting on Wed., July 10th. Your attendance and voice of support is needed!"
- Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley promotes transportation projects in Prince George's County including "$46 million for several bicycle, pedestrian and safety improvements along various roads in Prince George’s, including U.S Route 1 in College Park." Of that, $20 million will be used buy right-of-way for a bicycle and pedestrian trail along U.S. 1 from College Avenue to Md. 193 in College Park.
- The Alexandria Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee is still looking for volunteers for documentation project counts Thursday July 11th (5-7pm) and SaturdayJuly 13th (12-2pm). Go to their webpage for additional information: www.bicycle.alexandria.va.us/
- Takoma Metro development plan will include a bicycle station with parking for 105 bikes. I don't know if the Met Branch Trail design has been finalized yet, but one of the preferred alternatives called for a sidepath through this area.
- Surprise! Bike share in NYC is a big success. Though ABC got a little confused on the facts in DC. "Washington D.C. began its program in 2008 with 120 bikes and 10 stations. It has expanded to 1,800 bikes and more than 200 stations." And despite trippling bike parking in Boston, it can't keep up with demand.
- Bike helmet made from recycled newspaper.