At the most recent DC BAC meeting, DDOT gave an update on its work and included that it is only working on one possible cycletrack at this time - the "East End Bikeway" [nee the 9th Street Cycle-track] a north-south facility located between 4th and 9th NW which might also be bike lanes.
During FY2014 they added 8.5 miles of bike lane and 20 CaBi stations for a total of ~200, and work is underway on the Rhode Island Avenue Metro Pedestrian Bridge and the Kenilworth section of the Anacostia Riverwalk Trail.
There is also planning underway for improvements of the Rock Creek Park Trail (complete in 2015), the Fort Totten Section of the Met Branch Trail (2016), the Oxon Run Trail rebuild (2020), Klingle Valley Trail (2015), East Capitol Street EOTR improvements (2015), Maryland Avenue road diet (2016), Suitland Parkway Trail Rehab (2016), and the South Capitol Street Trail (2017). More projects may be added and other projects advanced if more local trail funding can be allocated to bike programs. DDOT is asking for $1 million (place pinky at corner of mouth) extra.
Update: Just to add to this, DDOT's 2015-2021 project list is out and here are some things I missed:
- A new Benning Road Bridge over Kenilworth Avenue that will have a bike path (2017)
- Rehab of the Theodore Roosevelt Bridge that includes - wait for it - a connection of the downstream sidewalk to Virginia, along with other sidewalk improvements (2021)
- The privately funded "Return to L'Enfant Plan" which will include bicycle connections around and across I-395 associated with the Air Rights property (2016)
- The New York Avenue Trail (2017)
- Met Branch Trail ramp to L Street (2015)