- The police have arrested the Dupont Circle Groper "a man who authorities say struck fear in the Dupont Circle area by grabbing and groping female pedestrians as he rode by them on his mountain bike." He was charged Friday with four misdemeanor counts of sexual abuse. He admitted to 8 such encounters.
- The MBT has branding signs in Eckington.
- The BicycleSpace bike tour of DC Murals.
- Specialized ran a contest as part of the Tour de France this year, and someone local won it "Congratulations to Michael P. from Washington, D.C. and the 21 Prevail helmet winners! Michael won the Tarmac grand prize and received a professional Body Geometry fit performed at CycleLife."
- Some identified safety issues with the Bethesda Trolley Trail Bridges.
- Students earn bikes with good grades.
- Broadneck Pennisula Trail work underway.
- Patrick “Scunny” McCusker, owner of the popular Mexican restaurant Nacho Mama’s in Baltimore Canton neighborhood was killed this weekend in Ocean City when he, on a bike, was hit by a bus. "It happened about 8:40 p.m. Friday at Coastal Highway and 132nd Street. Police say 49-year-old Patrick McCusker of Cockeysville was riding a bicyclist [sic] and collided with a bus. McCusker died at a local hospital. The accident is under investigation." It sounds like he was riding in the bus/bike lane and was hit from behind. There have been quite a few fatal crashes on the coast this year.
- New River Gorge National Park in West Virginia might get some new bike trails.
- Bike sharing creates jobs.
- I'm not sure anyone was actually going to cry.
- This guy does not like cyclists.
Also, I have another post on my other blog.